We at Landmark Realty Group recognize the importance of active living in Highlands NC. We adore taking advantage of any one of the numerous recreational opportunities available in the North Carolina area of Highlands, Sapphire, Cashiers, Glenville and Bryson City. And why not?
This area sits grandly atop a plateau of the Southern Appalachian Mountains, exactly 4,118 feet above sea level, one of the highest places east of the Mississippi River. In a nearly literal sense, we sit on top of the world.
When you’re living here, you’ll always have the opportunity to keep moving. You won’t have to wait long to find some fun and adventure, most of it right at your doorstep. Here are 12 opportunities:
- Looking to canoe? How about Highlands Canoe Rental at 1536 Franklin Road.
- Build those shoulder and leg muscles with golf. How about the world-famous Highlands Falls Country Club?
- Can’t get away from golfing, but looking for variety? The Burlingame Country Club is in Sapphire and has just the course for you.
- More golfing? The High Hampton Inn and Country Club has 18 holes on 6,012 yards and includes the longest tees for a par of 71. The course, at 1525 Highway 107 South Cashiers, was designed by George W. Cobb, ASGCA, and opened in 1956.
- Red Bird Golf Links at 67 Cherokee Trail in Sapphire has 9 holes on a Reid Horne-designed executive course, which opened in 2001.
- The Tom Sawyer Christmas Tree Farm on 240 Chimney Pond Road in Glenville is certainly a good place to prepare for the holidays and to build muscles.
- There’s nothing to growl about at Wildcat Cliffs Country Club, 770 Country Club Drive.
- Looking to the hills for gold? How about the Jackson Hole Gem Mine at 977 Highlands Road?
- How about something considerably more invigorating? The Great Smoky Mountain Railroad in Bryson City might just be the perfect fit.
- Seeking the wonder of nature and plenty of fresh mountain air mixed with some cerebral nourishment? The garden and nature areas at the Highlands Biological Foundation are perfect for walking and learning.
- More time in the outdoors? The Nantahala Outdoor Center is at 13077 West Highway 19 in Bryson City.
- And we’re still not done walking! Carpe Diem Farms at 544 Western Rhodes Drive in Highlands offers serious strolling.
There you have it. Contact us today at Landmark Realty Group and we’ll help you enjoy active living in Highlands NC too!