Gearing Up for the Season: Events in Highlands, NC
As the weather begins to turn warmer and the days lengthen, our thoughts naturally turn to the upcoming “Season,” that time of year when life on the Plateau begins to “wake up.” The sleepy village of Cashiers and chic but low-key town of Highlands both see the return of seasonal residents and vacationers. Across the Plateau, entertaining events of all kinds pop up like spring wildflowers. Here is a short list of what we’re excited about this Season:
- Saturday, April 29, 2017: Tour de Cashiers in Cashiers
- Memorial Day Weekend: Groovin’ on the Green concert series begins and the Rotary Arts and Crafts Fair takes place in Cashiers
- Saturday, June 3, 2017: Saturdays on Pine concert series begins in Highlands
- Thursday, June 8, 2017: Highlands Motoring Festival begins in Highlands
- Saturday, June 24, 2017: Sapphire Valley Arts and Crafts show in Sapphire Valley, Pottery on the Green at the Village Green in Cashiers, and the Village Square Arts and Crafts Show in Highlands
- Sunday, July 2, 2017: Lake Glenville Fireworks in Glenville
- Tuesday, July 4, 2017: Village Green Fireworks in Cashiers and Yankee Doodle Dandy Day in Sapphire Valley
- Monday, August 21, 2017: The Great American Eclipse. There will be multiple activities across the Plateau beginning on Friday, August 18, culminating on the day of the eclipse on Monday, August 21. Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime celestial event!
These are just a few of the many events taking place during the 2017 Season. And if none of these activities appeal to you, you can always hike, golf, fish, climb, boat, and more! There’s always something to do on the Highlands-Cashiers Plateau. Come join us!